Sponge Man and Me

Sponge Man and Me
Key West Christmas 2009

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What is this about?

The past week or so I have felt very much as though I am in the process of reinventing myself. All of the things that I defined myself by have changed. Some days it is a struggle to think about what I want to do, others it is a joy to merely finish a task I have set for myself (finish with the tile in the kitchen area).

Who am I. For about 20 years I was a "wife" and "mother." I am still a mother, but no longer a wife. And half of the children I was mothering are grown and no longer in my house. The blessing that came with that is that I am a grandmother, and I can't think of a greater joy.

I do have one child at home, but at 16 she no longer needs me in the same ways. She is a joy, and at times a frustration. I love having her.

But I do have to decide where I want to be and what I want to do. Maybe this will help. So begins my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment